Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

keeping the committment

me and hilary hanging in philly before i cut all my hair off
hello hello- i'm really psyched tonight. i've been learning so much from kelly rae robert's course flying lessons, i still have two more weeks of vacation,i'm loving spending time with my daughter before she flies off to london for a semester abroad, and also enjoying time spent with my husband and two boys. i'm getting really excited about going to the squam artists workshop in september in new hampshire. i've been wanting to attend saw since i first heard about it several years ago- i can't believe that i'm actually going! i'm working on getting products ready to sell at their fair-even if i don't sell a thing it will be worth it because it's the first time i've ever done anything like this before, so it's a real learning curve for me. i'm working on my blog trying to improve it, am considering opening an etsy shop and putting together a website. the best part is that ia, my husband, and the love of my life, is coming on board to help me with all the business parts of the business, leaving me free to do the creative work, which takes a huge load off of my shoulders. we're actually going to work on it together and i'm so excited. i just have to take a few deep breaths and remember that i don't have to do everything at once. i'm going to have to pace myself, especially since i have to go back to work at the end of this month, after such an exciting and glorious summer. i'm going to try and post a picture of me and my daughter but i'm not so good at finding the exact picture i want so it may be something entirely different=i'm still learning how to do all of this stuff so please be patient. until we meet again, brigid.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely can't wait to see your Etsy page. I'd be so happy to be able to obtain some of your work.

    I wonder if you'd do me a huge favor? Remember that beautiful charcoal drawing of the three little kids named Larrow that you did? Can you please take a picture of it and post it so I can see it? I'd love to see it again. I've been hit with several waves of nostalgia lately. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, that's an absolutely gorgeous picture of you and your daughter. I still love your beautiful dimples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you mom! I'm bringing in a few of your pieces for my design class to show examples of collage.

    ReplyDelete