Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

summer's over!!!

some pictures from my show

hello hello- i can't believe that my long awaited summer off is over in one week, and i have to go back to  work !i'm sure that those of you who have worked all summer don't feel a bit sorry for me and you're quite right. it is an absolute privilege to have the whole summer off, and i have to pinch myself quite hard to believe that i do have it. this summer has gone by so fast, i feel like i'm pedalling backwards to keep up. there is so much to do every day,that i never seem to have time to get to it all- i feel like i get up, blink,drink some coffee and it's midnight again and i have to think about going to bed. tonight i am going to start going to bed earlier so that getting up at 5:30 or 6:00 won't be such a shock to my system.this summer has been jampacked with art and all kinds of mindblowing experiences, so mind blowing that i can't even remember what they were tee-hee.i've had my work in 2 shows, spent 6 weeks at art lab, taken 2 e-courses, did some block printing (love it) and some encaustic painting (loved that too), am starting to think seriously about starting a creative business,putting my work up on etsy, designing a web page, and starting to  twitter and post more on facebook, lived thru a hurricane-we had to evacuate from my beloved beach house- no damage, all is well, many thanks to my wonderful sister kathleen and her husband alan who graciously put us up for the night and made us feel so welcome-that experience deserves a whole post of it's own. hilary leaves for london in two days and i miss her already. never mind that she would be going back to school anyway-i can drive to philadelphia and back in a day, not so london. i am truly happy for her to have this experience, but i will miss her terribly.anyway it's past my new bedtime already, so i won't bore you any more for the moment. be well, thanks for listening lol,brigid.

1 comment:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed this post. So nice to be able to read about your life, family, art, etc.

    Thanks for the opportunity.

    Sounds like you had an absolutely amazing summer. I'm glad.

    ReplyDelete