Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

JULY!!!!!


"hello again, here's my best to you-are your skies all gray-ihope they're blue" old song that i've known forever so i don't know who to credit it to,sorry! july is my favorite month(actually october is but more of that later) because it means i am on vacation from my side job and this is a very big deal because it means i can stay up really late and putter around in my studio all day and night, begin my summer art class and just revel in being free. i work for the nyc school system as a registered nurse and they only started giving us the summers off about 4 years ago, so this still feels like manna from heaven. i've already done two collage paintings on paper, finished one painting on canvas and started another, am zooming through kelly rae roberts e-class ,http://www.kellyraeroberts.blogspot.com,ordered/ business cards,and started this blog. not bad for a week or two.this is all intersperced with eating large quantities of ice cream, slurping down countless cups of iced coffee, and reading about 6 books at the same time. i would like to add that my house is spotless but that would be a lie. i struggle with this one all the time-art or housework, art or housework and art wins every time.i mean i don't actually live in a pig sty but the oinkers are lining up to use the bathroom. my goal for today is to get organized and start planning how i'm going to get every thing i want to get done done , visit some blog sites of other artists , and work on my painting. so here's the quote of the day from my absolutely favorite famous person and tibetan nun Pema Chodron fom a book called Start Where You Are -Shambala Publications(by the way i highly recommend this and all other books by Pema- so full of joyous insight and instructions on how to live in the now)" We already have everything we need.There is no need for self improvement. All those trips that we lay on ourselves-the heavy-duty feeling that we're bad and hoping that we're good,the identities that we so dearly cling to, the rage, the jealousy and the addictions of all kinds-never touch our basic wealth. they are like clouds that temporarily block the sun. But all the time our warmth and brilliance are right here. This is who we really are. We are one blink of an eye away from being fully awake." i'm sorry that was so long but you needed the whole quote to get what she is saying. we're ok just as we are,really.now i'm going to attempt to post the painting i put on my new business cards. cross your fingers.ever yours....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brigid - I love your blog. I especially love the Pema Chodren quote. Colleen suggested I look at your blog - aren't we blessed to have Colleen as a friend? I have a blog - www.paintinginpajamas.blogspot.com. We met a few years ago at my opening at Cold Mt.Cafe. Kelly Rae Roberts was my cabin-mate 2 years ago at Squam Art Workshops - she's awesome. Best, Kristine

    ReplyDelete